... is a language perfectionist. While still at high school, she decided to become an interpreter because she just loves communication between different cultures and languages. Lotta also loves to travel, giving her plenty of opportunity to indulge in her passion for language.
In order to clear her mind after a long day of interpreting, she likes to go running and has even run three full marathons.
Grew up in Finland, university studies in Finland and Germany.
- B.A. in Translation and Interpreting, University of Turku, Finland
- M.A. Language, Culture, Translation, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
- EMCI (European Masters in Conference Interpreting), University of Turku, Finland
- Since 2009 freelance conference interpreter both for the EU institutions and for private customers
- Member of AIIC, VKD, BDÜ and SKTL
- Finnish (A), German (B)
- English (C), French (C)
... is very inquisitive and enjoys exploring the different topics of his interpreting jobs.
He is very calm and nothing can ruffle him. But it’s a different story when it comes to sports - especially if there’s a round ball involved, he can’t wait to grab his tennis racket or tie up his soccer shoes.
Grew up in Finland, university studies in Germany.
- M.A. in Business Studies, Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
- Year abroad (Erasmus scholarship), University of Wales, Swansea
- European Commission Interpreting Course in preparation for Finland’s accession to the EU
- 1996-1999 Conference interpreter for the European Commission
- Since 1999 freelance conference interpreter both for the EU institutions and for private customers
- Member of VKD and SKTL
- Finnish (A), German (B)
- English (C), Italian (C)
… has been an interpreter ever since she can remember – growing up bilingually between Germany and Finland always meant communicating between different cultures and languages.
She is a big travel enthusiast and is really into nature and wildlife observation. She also loves doing yoga as a way of relaxing from her exciting job.
Grew up in Finland and Germany, university studies in Germany, Spain and Austria.
- M.A. in Spanish, English and Business Studies, University of Bonn
- EMCI (European Masters in Conference Interpreting), University of Graz, Austria
- Semester abroad (Socrates scholarship), Universidad de La Rioja, Spain
- Year abroad (Erasmus scholarship), Universidad de La Laguna, Spain
- 2006-2007 Teacher for conference interpreting at the Universities of Turku and Tampere, Finland
- Since 2007 freelance conference interpreter in the open market
- Member of VKD, BDÜ and SKTL
- German (A), Finnish (A)
- Spanish (B), English (C)